Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

TV Show - OZARK - Season 2

DawnFae

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:43 am

There are other TV Shows that are very interesting so I will start by
OZARK.
It is well written and is full of surprises and twists. It is fast paced and the characters interact in a world full of danger and temptations. Betrayal, love and high stakes paired with a strong will to survive and find solutions to the most heartbreaking and almost impossible threats and challenges makes the show worth watching.

I enjoyed watching the first season and I am looking forward to season 2, which has been confirmed for 2018.

OZARK
Synopsis:
The Byrdes and their teenage kids, Charlotte and Jonah, are, for all intents and purposes, an ordinary family with ordinary lives. Except for the job of Marty, a Chicago financial advisor who also serves as the top money launderer for the second largest drug cartel in Mexico. When things go awry, Marty must uproot his family from the skyscrapers of Chicago and relocate to the lazy lake region of the Missouri Ozarks.

Season 1Trailer

Lori
Site Admin

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:40 pm

Well, DF - Indeed we did binge watch this series. Jason Bateman was great in it. It was one of those violent shows it is difficult to recommend but hard to quit watching. I know...I know. Much like Breaking Bad was a very guilty pleasure for me as I had a love/hate relationship with it.

So, with Jason at the helm and particularly when he directed an episode it was a well-constructed train wreck and we didn't look away. Without him, we would have abandoned ship. It is also reminiscent of Justified with the backwoods bent. Did you watch Justified, DawnFae?

DawnFae

Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Lori wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:40 pm
Well, DF - Indeed we did binge watch this series. Jason Bateman was great in it. It was one of those violent shows it is difficult to recommend but hard to quit watching. I know...I know. Much like Breaking Bad was a very guilty pleasure for me as I had a love/hate relationship with it.

I never got around watching "Breaking Bad" but I know that lots of people really raved about it.
I liked the Ozark's hero (or more like its anti hero). I mostly admired his courage and his resilience in the face of danger and almost impossible odds.
I thought he was very skilled at negotiating with dangerous and "deranged" criminals, people who are a lot more powerful than him and the "law and order machinery".
I don't think he had the chance to say no to the first money laundering deal and it went downhill from there. It was only a question of time before his pact with the devil would come back to haunt him forever. I think that deep down he is a good person who got trapped in a violent cycle because his money laundering skills made him an "asset" for the criminals who will never let him walk out of their service willingly. It will be interesting to see if he can manage to escape this dark fate in the end...

So, with Jason at the helm and particularly when he directed an episode it was a well-constructed train wreck and we didn't look away. Without him, we would have abandoned ship. It is also reminiscent of Justified with the backwoods bent. Did you watch Justified, DawnFae?
I have never watched "Justified" but I read good reviews about it.
I must admit that it was very difficult for me to stop watching Ozark so I will keep watching in the next season. I wonder whether they will go for a third and even a fourth season?
I guess that there is plenty of money to launder so with a bit of creativity, the show might go on for a while.

DawnFae

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:41 pm

OZARK Season 2 air date: August, the 31st, 2018

Ozark Season 2 Trailer

• Information