Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Kevin Weir's Weird and Wonderful World

DawnFae

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Spooky but also brilliant!

DawnFae

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:47 pm

DawnFae

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 pm

An old friend of ours :x

Moonchime

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:41 am

Brilliant - don't know where to start. There is so much here that is amazing. I find my self particularly drawn to some of the very still pictures that move very slightly - they have such a disturbing effect especially being black and white or sepia - of course then features like a bloody tear are even more dramatic. I shall keep returning to try and do the thread justice.
I must say I think there's plenty of stimulus here for horror stories -other than the ones already expressed. I love the way he uses picture frames for the woman who becomes a tree! Pods and trees just keep coming up!
As for the Movember video - well it certainly made me laugh and had me wondering about our own possibilities????!!!! :57: ( on second thoughts forget I said that)
Thank you Dee for so much fun and fascination. :-D :x

Dee
Site Admin

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:41 am

As for the Movember video - well it certainly made me laugh and had me wondering about our own possibilities????!!!! :57: ( on second thoughts forget I said that)

Now Mz Moonchime, you can't possibly expect us to forget that you said that! I'd say next November we should participate in Movember round here. Mz NurseRatched has already got her special Movember avatar ready, and I reckon we could all conjure up a fancy moustache for the occasion! :08:

And you're welcome. It gives me so much pleasure to spread the joy of discovering such wonderful artists. I must agree, this thread here is pretty amazing and I'll be frequently revisiting it myself, and there is definitely plenty of stimulus here for writing. We should do some, really.

NurseRatched

Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:42 pm

OOH!! Horror stories emerging from these pictures‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Lori
Site Admin

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Dee wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:55 pm
From Kevin Weir's tumblr blog:

http://fluxmachine.tumblr.com

Very cool! Kevin Weir is interesting. It is a little gift to search for the unexpected in his work. Something within is so satiated! I love Eva Green (she was everything in Penny Dreadful - speaking of horror stories) and have been meaning to watch her Miss Perrigrines Home for Peculiar Children though I am not a huge fan of Tim Burton like some. Anyone seen it? I fear, as is the case with a lot of these types of movies, it starts out wonderfully and then loses its compass. I will watch it simply for her performance.

• Information