Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

11x22 ‘Faith’

Dee
Site Admin

Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:48 am

Ezekiel and Negan plan a labor revolt; Eugene stands trial.

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:59 pm

Awesome episode. Four equally engaging storylines interwoven masterfully, and amazingly Connie and Daryl not separated immediately and routinely after some tender moments last week. I’m impressed.

So my babies were all teamed up making their way into Alexandria through the shit tunnels, constantly checking on each other, touching and long longing stares. It’s practically making out for these two, and I happily take it.

Holy shit though. Everything else that went down in this episode!!! One of the best of the season for sure, no?

So many highlights!

Besides the badass love birds in the shit tunnels, there was Eugene delivering a brilliant speech at the end of his trial. One of the best speeches in the entire series for me, about what difference a person can make.

Then Negan was ready to sacrifice himself for Annie and the baby. Ezekiel stepped in to save him and let bygones be bygones when it truly mattered, and our wonderful survivors followed suit. This was an amazing scene. Negan finding himself in a situation almost the exact replica of what he put Glenn and Maggie through. And he lived through it. Saved by no other than the friends and family of the people he had hurt back then. Now if that’s not a cathartic and life changing experience for someone, I don’t know what is.

Lovely Luke is alive and reunited with part of the group! And his gf still alive too. A miracle!

And the episode just kept on giving.

Maggie and Carol continued to break my mother-heart. As did Rosita. And all three women were just super badasses yet again. One precious child got rescued. (But where the hell are the others? And why was Hershel separated from them and tied up? I hate it when they’re messing with the children.)

The revolution is well on its way. Alexandria is retaken. And Mercer has come good like we always knew he would and delivered one of the best lines in the entire history of TWD. I’d say this episode might just be a 10/10 for me. Really good setup for the final two episodes, bravo. Can’t wait.

This really was a pivotal episode. Negan is doing what he should and solidly on the road to reparation which is all I can give him as much as I adore his scruffy dimple. One of the best episodes thus far. I must find Eugene’s speech and revisit. Also Mercer’s line.

• Information