Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

The Walking Dead - News and Stuff

Lori
Site Admin

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:43 am

I avoid this thread because spoilers really do spoil it for me, but loved the above entries. Sweet photos / interviews. And, yes, the finger to the mouth. How are you walking and talking right now? Hmm?

I did like Maggie but have not missed her much in this new season so I suppose I was not horribly bonded. Yet, it will be nice to have her back and interesting what her role will be.

Dee
Site Admin

Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:34 am

Yes, it’s nearly time for her return, I’m very curious.

I promise I won’t post anything spoilery here, Lori. I avoid them too, like the plague.

Dee
Site Admin

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:09 am

Shall we talk about Daryl a little? :P

ImageImage

ImageImage

So what is this in-your-face strong symbolism about?

Three separate times this season. All about luck. Will Daryl get lucky this season? For once? Find his girl?

A couple of acorns stuck together. A couple of wings. One just returned. A couple. I don't know. Maybe I'm reaching because I would like it so much? Am I?

Dee
Site Admin

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:43 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... s-52032461

And now we probably won’t even find out about Connie for a long time...

Fans of The Walking Dead must wait for the finale of the current series after producers revealed they had not been able to finish it because of Covid-19.

That means season 10 will end with its penultimate episode next month - but they aim to air the planned finale as a special episode later in the year.

AMC, which makes the zombie drama, said the pandemic had made it "impossible" to finish the episode on time.

Season 10 started airing last October and will now wrap up on 5 April.

"Current events have unfortunately made it impossible to complete post-production of The Walking Dead season 10 finale, so the current season will end with its 15th episode on April 5," the network said.

When it does eventually arrive, the programme-makers have promised the finale will be "an epic, action-packed thriller with plenty of surprises".

Lori
Site Admin

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:31 am

What?!! You want to talk about Daryl, Dee? How out of character. Such a deviation, I fear your personal writer checked out with COVID19.

:57: :25: :57:

There does seem to be a lot of symbolism regarding Daryl. And why not? For some time, he was basically a visual monosyllabic character so we hung on every nuance, motion, and prop he sported.

I find it very interesting he has one colored wing with the other side waiting to be filled. There isn't a doubt in my mind this is symbolism. Connie must be the other side...she simply must! You know, two blue wings...angel's wings. There is an acrobatic flight group called the Blue Angels. Perhaps when Daryl gets his other wing he and Connie will fly to get Michonne and Rick. How is THAT for reading into things?

Now, the dog in bed symbolism. Does that simply involve the female audience and some very prominent clavicles? You. Tell. Me. :035:

Two little nuts? Well, that has to be luck as the obvious connotation simply does not apply to our stoic yet sentimental hero and his massive kahunas. Will they stop a bullet? He did put them in his pocket. Do they symbolize two tall oak trees where some type of event goes down? Will he eventually plant these at a new home or at Carol's grave?

Just in case this needs clarifying for those of us prone to more innocence than me:

Spoiler:
kahunas
Australian slang for testicles. Probably came about as a confusion between spanish cohones and hawaiian kahuna.

#cohones#balls#nuts#nads#gonads#stones

Dee
Site Admin

Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Trust you, Mz Lori to respond to my analysis of symbolic signs regarding Daryl’s luck and arrive to assessing his kahunas. Good lord.

The semi-naked scene was of course put in there primarily for my early birthday present, but if I’m right, we were reminded of Daryl’s scars for a very good reason. I have a theory and I think I know exactly where this is going. Just don’t wanna jinx it. ;)

Lori
Site Admin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Ooh la la! That's intriguing!

Dee
Site Admin

Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:28 am

It was announced yesterday at ‘Comic Con @home’ that the season finale will air on 4 October, and then there will be six episodes early in the new year that will serve as an ‘extension to S10’. They didn’t say, but I think that might mean that S11 will then start in October 2021, when they will try to get back in the groove? Anyhow, for now they’ve just announced this much. At the panel there was not one mention of Connie, not even when talking about Daryl’s arc for the season, nor when discussing the season finale. Is this on purpose? Will we just get a walker Connie and that’s it? Or are they trying to keep her return a big surprise by making the fans focus on everything else? Hope the latter... Hope Chris Hardwick was instructed not to ask about Connie. Otherwise I’m at a loss!

DawnFae

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:23 am

Hey Ladies :x !

I thought TWD will have a series finale?
Will they go on after season 10?

I just had my annual certification audit (7 days in a row spread over 2 weeks). The preps were intense and "grueling" as I faced (as often) resistance from some people. The new certificate will be issued but we will receive a corrective action-list that needs to be completed.
I need to rethink how I work because it's become too much and people don't seem to realize that I need help with the tasks (at least one more qualified person).
Next week is my first vacation this year so I will be around on PH and looking forward to it!

Much love to you Mermaids and happy Sunday.
XOXO :x

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:03 am

DawnFae wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:23 am
Hey Ladies :x !

I thought TWD will have a series finale?

Yes, we will get to see it on 4 October.

Will they go on after season 10?

Yes. There will be a six-week extension to season 10, making it a 22 episode season. Like the good old TVD!

Then they will carry on with S11 as normal I believe, starting in October 2021. There’s no end in sight yet for the series. Apparently they’re also working on the first Rick movie.

I just had my annual certification audit (7 days in a row spread over 2 weeks). The preps were intense and "grueling" as I faced (as often) resistance from some people. The new certificate will be issued but we will receive a corrective action-list that needs to be completed.
I need to rethink how I work because it's become too much and people don't seem to realize that I need help with the tasks (at least one more qualified person).

Mz K, this sounds terribly life-consuming, I’m so sorry. Best of luck negotiating done change to your work circumstances.

Next week is my first vacation this year so I will be around on PH and looking forward to it!

Look forward to seeing you around more. I guess you’re not going to France this year? Have a lovey holiday, whatever you end up doing! I expect day trips with lots of hiking?

Much love to you Mermaids and happy Sunday.
XOXO :x

Back at ya, Mz K! :x

So are you still watching TWD? Plenty of time now to catch up with S10 that was pretty amazing. (As was S9.)

DawnFae

Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:47 am

Hey Dee :x !
I watched at the beginning of season 10 but got lost after that. I will have to rewatch properly now that Covid 19 slowed down things for us.

It is probably partly my fault that I have too much work. I did it so many times that people think why should they get me help when I am still successful in preserving the certification status.
I need to buckle down and pay more attention to my own life outside of the work environment.
I naively believed they would "see" the miserable situation and would do something about it especially that I informed my boss. But to no avail.
I will put myself first. I really need a vacation right now and thank God it will start in the middle of next week.

Have a wonderful evening Dee :08: :x !

DawnFae

Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:34 pm

We are still hoping to go to France for our annual vacation but it will probably be difficult.
We will see what will happen comes September. If not, I will be happy to spend my vacation here :57: !

Will you go somewhere this Summer Dee or will stay at home and go for hikings and such?

• Information