Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Please Come and Say Hello!

polly

Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:40 pm

Lori wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:38 am
Welcome, Polly - dear friend! Happy beyond measure you are here. You are among good company, as there are quite a few people who happen to be teachers here already. You are one of the best, and I've learned a lot from you through your calling "to try to mend broken minds, bodies, and souls." This harbour should be easy peasy for you after all you confront daily. And, BTW - you left me one of my favorite all-time lines once upon a long time ago when you had the audacity to leave me in this town without you. Broke my heart then and continues to do so.

Scarecrow,
I still miss you most of all!
Dorothy

Lori
Site Admin

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:06 am

Don't start with me, Polly. Do not start with me!!!

Lori
Site Admin

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:12 am

Hannyann wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:10 am
Thank you for inviting me, Dee!
What a beautiful site.
My main loves at this stage of my life are the allotment I share with my sister and the resultant preparing, preserving, cooking ...!
I love walking and the natural, ever changing art.
I enjoy music and this has recently led me into the world of Morris Dancing!
My username is what I used to call myself as a young child - perhaps this site will help me unlock my inner child and unleash some creativity! :x
Welcome Hannyann! I hope you find this place to be a playground. Love your beautiful post in Gardening, and I also dove into youtube to watch some Molly dancers in your honor. It would be great if you could elaborate about this traditional dance and how you were drawn to it in the music thread, if you are so inclined.

Dee
Site Admin

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:22 pm

What a wonderful username, Hannyann, and your reasons for choosing it is lovely. I hope this place for you will be exactly that: a place that unlocks your inner child and unleashes your creativity. Although something tells me, neither are really in shackles... So lovely to have you join us, my dear, dear friend. :x

Dee
Site Admin

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:01 am

Fillie wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:41 am
Hi, Love this site. It's beautiful. Briefly I'm Fillie and work for a fantastic charity in the UK that runs creative projects using musicians, dancers, singers, writers etc., to help people transform their lives. I work as part of a team of Clown Doctors in East Anglia and am known as Dr. Fillie Fidget. We bring fun, laughter and distraction to support young people in hospitals and hospices. I also work as Kitty Dandelion on the Dementia Wards and have managed to teach myself the Ukulele as this particular client group enjoy a good old sing song. Some of our Clown Doctors have been to visit Refugees in France and we have recently received funding to expand our work to encompass children at two Women's Refuge Centres in Norfolk. I'm in a relationship with a younger man, so you could call me a cougar, but really I'm more of a plump pussy cat. I have one beautiful daughter and two fabulous grand babies. I also have a furry dogchild that we rescued known as Little Jess. I'm very much a glass half full person, which according to my family can be annoying and I talk far too much! Thanks for inviting me to join. Love to all.
It's wonderful to have you with us, Fillie, right at the beginning of this big adventure we are starting here together. You have got the most amazing job, and it will be lovely to find out more about it as we go. Looking forward to chatting with you all over the place! Enjoy the playground! :x

Lori
Site Admin

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Welcome, Fillie! What a wonderful mode of healing, using creativity and especially humor to touch and heal hurting bodies and hearts. I have a friend who did the same on a smaller scale, volunteering on weekends as a clown in a children's hospital. I'm hoping you share a story or two. No doubt you have many! So glad that you've found time within that full fun life to join us.

Jollybeard

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Hello, I am thinking I will love this site.
A place to dare to express yourself safely amongst friends.
To explore things that you would never otherwise have seen, or heard...
To open a little, expanding bit by bit.....to find things you love, to have a reason to even look....because sharing is everything. Community is everything.
I know that I may be clumsy and stumble as I explore what I like....if I write, I am new, not particularly well read. But if I write it will be from the heart. If I find music I love, forgive me if it's the Nolans, I am not sophisticated, but I am here to grow. Welcome to my new university of life...
Thank you for inviting me.

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Welcome, Jollybeard!

Something tells me you're gonna fit right in!

And yeah... We're all about sophistication here. Don't worry though. You'll soon catch up.

Bring on the Nolans, sweetie!

Lori
Site Admin

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:50 am

Jollybeard wrote:
To open a little, expanding bit by bit.....to find things you love, to have a reason to even look....because sharing is everything. Community is everything.
I know that I may be clumsy and stumble as I explore what I like....if I write, I am new, not particularly well read. But if I write it will be from the heart. If I find music I love, forgive me if it's the Nolans, I am not sophisticated, but I am here to grow. Welcome to my new university of life...
Thank you for inviting me.
Welcome, Jollybeard! I really love your depiction of this place, which describes so eloquently what we had hoped PH would be about from the inception. I also relate to you as I do not consider myself well read. My job is so word intensive it is hard for me to read for enjoyment, so I also rely on my heart to write. However, I think you are being modest, as your beautiful introduction is teeming with writing ability. I am constantly learning from everyone and find inspiration on these pages.

I know each person here welcomes you. Revel, enjoy, and resist the urge to sensor yourself if you can! We are here to play...

Moonchime

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Jollybeard wrote:
So pleased to see you here Jollybeard. I agree that your description of the site is quite beautiful and is absolutely contrary to the clumsiness you describe, if that is clumsiness then please give us more. I have to be honest with you I have a fondness for the Nolans and Val Doonican and all musicals!
Dee - what great pictures - I'm now thinking of trying cigars. :57:

Moonchime

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Whoops - sorry Lori didn't quite get that post neat. You see Jollybeard some of us are still learning!!! :57:

Dee
Site Admin

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:45 pm

No worries, MC, I've fixed it for ya. :x

• Information