Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Travel, Adventures and Days Out

Moonchime

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:04 pm

As so many of us have been or are going on adventures I thought a separate thread might be a good place to bask.

So here are some pics from Latitude Festival

Yes the sheep are pink!

Part of the light show over the lake.

Flip Fabrique - photos by Matt Eachus

War Horse puppet

Part of the opening ceremony

Dee
Site Admin

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:54 pm

What a timely and brilliant thread to start! Thank you, Mz Moonchime!

Now are those real sheep?

That circus groups looks fabulous. I shall look out for an opportunity to see them!

The feeling I get from these pictures is like it's a bigger version of Shambala festival. I could be tempted sometime in the near future! The lit-up flowers in the woods are gorgeous, and what looks like street art, or should we call it forest-art?

Now could we get some pictures from your Italy trip as well, pretty please?

Lori
Site Admin

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Fabulous, Mz. M!!! How magical it all seems. Thank you for clarifying the PIGS were indeed real and pink! I love the whimsy. This is a level of creative celebration I would love to see - the puppet from Warhorse...the umbrella sculptures...beautiful lit iris sculptures along the path...and human physical prowess. Very fun stuff!

Lori
Site Admin

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:37 am

I was investigating this festival further and saw in previous years the animal were all sorts of colors so sort of a tradition then. Fun stuff!! I love the bold approach - humans are so creative, it is very nice to have venues to display this amazing quality we possess.

NurseRatched

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 am

Oh MYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-this is overwhelming!! How cool! Some of the acrobatics-positively breathtaking! I've never heard of this; must do some googling. It looks ah-mazing!!!!!! And a great idea for a thread. I'll get some photos together this week!! Thanks for sharing, MC :x

Moonchime

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:34 pm

Looking forward to that NR. :x

Yes I will get some pics from Italy sorted Dee with hopefully a few you haven't seen!
:x

Moonchime

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:40 pm

A minute video of the show I saw by Flip Fabrique - "Blizzard" - great fun!

Lori
Site Admin

Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Super fun! I love these kinds of dance companies. Innovative and talented! xoxo

Dee
Site Admin

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Wow! Looks so much fun. In awe of such acrobatic talent! Must have been such a thrill to see this live!

Dee
Site Admin

Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:55 am

We have just arrived in then French Pyrenees. We are staying in a tiny village at the foothills, but have a wonderful view of the mountains from our bedroom window. Tomorrow we are going hiking.

Highlights of our trip so far:

Having arrived late to our accommodation on the first night, due to ferry being hideously late, we found reception closed and had nowhere to stay! 12.30 am in a middle of nowhere! Several of the guests were sitting outside having a beer and a chat. They were very sympathetic! We were prepared at this stage to just sleep in the car, but a lovely Spanish couple insisted sharing their room with us, offering us the spare bed in their porch area. This wonderful act of camaraderie was so endearing.

Next morning we visited San Sebastián. Impressive seaside resort near the French border.

Dee
Site Admin

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:20 am

Hondarribia. Pretty seaside town with a lovely old town enclosed by 15th c. wall.

Tbc

DawnFae

Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:05 am

OMG! Dee :x I love the colors and the old walls!
Good that you found beautiful souls to help you spend the first night in a bed :x !

It looks almost magical to me. The photos are full of light and love.

My hikings have been nice so far. We had lots of rain so we could feel this on the hiking paths but it was all worth it.
This year, I opted for the not so high / smaller mountains to explore and it was surprisingly beautiful. Lots of flowers and cows on the way :57: .
Have a beautiful vacation!
XOXOXO

• Information